BSides Belfast will return Thursday 12th September 2024 at the Europa Hotel.
BSides was born in 2009 when a number of quality speakers were rejected from a mainstream conference, not due to lack of quality but rather lack of space and time. Our mission is to provide people with options by removing common conference barriers and by providing more options for speakers, topics, and events.
- 2009: Launched in Las Vegas, NV, U.S.A.
- 2011: First event in London which has since become a leading info security conference in the UK.
- 2014: First Bsides Manchester with the current Bsides total equaling more than 160 events, in 74 cities, in 16 countries.
- 2015: Growing Strong with 200+ events all over the world
- 2016: Belfast, Northern Ireland gets put on the map!
- 2017-2019: BSides Belfast grows in attendance to over 500 attendees
- 2023: BSides Belfast returns post-Pandemic to 500 attendees!
Ireland, both North & South, is host to many big named IT and CyberSecurity companies, in recent years the influx of IT companies has also included many that are specifically working on information security and while there are many smaller informal gatherings for development and security related purposes, BSides Belfast has been bringing many of these groups and interests together to allow the community to share and grow their expertise.
We will also be providing rookie support to foster local talent and grow Belfast’s reputation as “the cybersecurity city” via a range of hands-on workshops, in-advance speaker and facilitator preparation sessions and competitions as well as all the informal discussion that an event like this facilitates completes the package.